Enter: Kite Hill Cheese. This stuff is made only for Whole Foods, I believe. I found it a couple weeks ago and now it is a staple. It is the. best. cream. cheese. I'm serious. And it's vegan, made from almond milk and cultures. Go get some. (no, they are not paying me :) it's just that good!)
This is my Grandmother's Cucumber Dip recipe made with Kite Hill vegan cream cheese. It will make a great vegan-friendly party dip or for your chips and dip on your own "Treat Yoself Day". You're welcome ;)
Vegan Cucumber DipGluten-free , Makes 8 oz.
- 1 tub Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese Style Spread (can also use plain and add salt to taste)
- 3" of an organic cucumber, peeled
- 1 small piece of raw onion, about a quarter sized amount
- Empty the tub of cream cheese into a bowl.
- Using a Microplane or a zester,, shave the peeled cucumber into the bowl of cream cheese. Do the same with the onion. You can also scrape it into tiny pieces (smaller than minced) with a knife, but only if you are awesome like my Grandma :)
- Stir all ingredients together and enjoy.
- Save the tub and store the leftover dip in it.
- Serve with chips or raw veggies. It's also great with the rest of the cucumber from the recipe!