(dairy and gluten free)I'm a short-cut taker.
I love recipes, but I always try to cut out steps if possible. This pie was made with all you see here, full of traditional Southern style but with an allergen-friendly twist. No dairy or wheat in this here pie.
A little cornmeal and any gluten-free flour will work. But the secret ingredient is Young Living lemon essential oil!* No zesting or juicing required for that old-fashioned lemon taste.
Lemon Oil Chess Pie:
- 9" gluten-free pie crust
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter alternative, melted (Nutiva buttery spread is what I use)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free unsweetened coconut milk yogurt (So Delicious brand is a good one)
- 1 Tbsp corn meal
- 2 Tbsp any gluten-free AP flour
- scant 1 cup of evaporated cane sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4-6 drops of YL Lemon essential oil*
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients, flour, corn meal, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the df yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Finally, add in the drops of YL lemon essential oil, carefully so you don't add too many drops! 6 is probably plenty.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in oven at 350 F until golden brown on top and set. Tip: It should shake like a jello mold when set, as in the whole pie will jiggle as one!
*All recipes using essential oils on this blog are specific to Young Living essential oils only. I cannot give recommendations and suggestions on any oils but Young Living's essential oils. The statements made on this blog about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Anyone pregnant, nursing, or suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop. It's always good to do your own research. I have done mine for my family and we chose to incorporate YL essential oils into our lives. If you are wanting to follow and do the same, please visit here for more information.