If you have been following me on IG, you know that I am doing a cleanse/ detox of sorts. I'm not following a specific plan and I will be posting on it soon, but like all things for our individual health- it is my personal plan and may not work well for everyone! It is comprehensive and has been tweaked over several years of researching what is best for my body. But I do feel like I have gleaned some universal things that I want to share so be looking for that soon. I feel terrific and am 9 days in!
Part of my detox plan is no sugar, meaning no sugar of any type (honey, turbinado, coconut sugar, maple syrup- nothin!). So today's recipe is helping me have a little something sweet, is full of antioxidants, and is still within my cleansing limits! It's adapted from my Big Pink Smoothie recipe from a few years back. Enjoy it this month as it is perfect for the lovely month of February <3.
Detox Sweetheart Smoothieserves 1-2 people
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy yogurt, divided (I used home-made coconut milk yogurt in mine)
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste, divided
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cherries (I use a mix of frozen tart cherries and fresh org. rainier cherries)
- 1 cup frozen beets (yes beets ;) you can find them in the freezer section all cut up and ready to go!)
- 3 drops lime vitality from Young Living (or regular lime essential oil or juice of 1/2 lime)
- frozen banana to sweeten- optional
- In high powered blender, like Vitamix, mix half the yogurt, cherries, beets, and 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste until completely blended and smooth, stir in lime essential oil at the end.
- Empty into container. Then mix the remaining yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, and a handful of ice or frozen banana if using instead of ice. If you want the bottom part to be purely white, then mix this first and switch these two steps- I wanted it to be a light pink so I just mixed it in the Vitamix after I emptied out my other mixture.
- Place into glasses with heaviest mixture on bottom and enjoy with stainless straws!