Yes, I admit. This is not the worlds most attractive salad :)
But it's so tasty. It is also quite easy and cheap. We have some kale in the garden that's almost ready to eat, and I will be making this salad a lot this summer.
This recipe calls for 1/2 an avocado. A tip about storing avos in the fridge: store the side with the pit still in it and rub lemon or lime juice on the surface and wrap with plastic wrap. This usually keeps it from browning for about 1-2 days. Or just double the recipe :)
Kale Avocado Salad
Serves 2-3 as a side or 1 really big salad
- ½ bunch of Kale, chopped
- ¼ red or orange bell pepper (not pictured above, but I usually add this in), diced
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (or the juice of 2 limes)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use 1/4 tsp Herbamare and 1/8 tsp ground pepper, but 1/4+ tsp salt and 1/8-1/4 tsp pepper works well too)
- Optional: pinch of cayenne for an extra kick
- Chop the Kale and the bell pepper.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork- chunky.
- Add lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper- and cayenne if using.
- Add the avocado mixture to the kale and pepper.
- Serve immediately, but this also tastes a little bit better the next day :)
Happy Salad Eating,