Here's a quick and easy recipe for Easter. These can be made as fancy as you like by piping them through a wide star tip with a piping bag or you can just roll them by hand into small 1" balls. I also used a small brownie mold with some and they would be great like that dipped in chocolate!
And as I posted here, these little cookies are fitting my diet these days (if I only have a couple :) because of the high fiber, high protein, and low sugar content! They are also great as a carob treat.
Soy/ Dairy/ Gluten/ Grain/ Nut/ and White Sugar-free
Yields about 42 1" macaroons, more or less depending on how you size them
- 9 oz shredded coconut, unsweetened, unsulfured (appx. 3 cups)
- 1/2 oz coconut oil (1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 oz vanilla (1Tbsp)
- 10 grams cocoa or carob powder (2 Tbsp)
- 45 grams coconut sugar (rounded 1/4 cup)
- 6.5 oz egg whites (or the whites from 5 large eggs)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until just combined, or blend in Vitamix- but put the whites in first- on speed 5-6 until combined.
- The dough will be somewhat sticky, but you can roll them out into 1" sized balls or you can pipe them onto a cookie sheet. If you need to, you can add up to 2 Tbsp of water to make piping easier- but increase baking time by a couple of minutes. They will not rise much, so you can pipe closely together.
- Bake at 325 F for 12-15 minutes.
Sugar-Free Sunday @ Flip Cookbook
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free